Monday, October 09, 2006

My Perfect Sofa Search


I have been on a couch hunt for the past 4 months now and it's been difficult. I wanted something affordable but had the following couch criteria:

+ high quality, not a couch that looked wobbly or poorly made
+ modern/classic and that looked
+ no leather
+ modern and classic
+ preferrably the bed also became a couch (futons not an option)
+ $1,800 max budget (including shipping and taxes)

I looked at many local and online stores and even travelled all the way to NY to look at a few in person. Let's just say I covered lots of ground: from IKEA San Diego (against my will but I wanted to be thorough) all the way to Apt-NY to B&B Italia Los Angeles.

Finally, 4 months later, I had narrowed it down to the following 3 couches:

Case Study Day Bed - $1,800 after taxes
Apt-NY Lounge Series - $1,700 after shipping
Bo Concept Indivi 2 Series - $1,800 after taxes and shipping

Stay Tuned...to find out who WON!!!

No comments: