Thursday, February 21, 2008

West Elm - Organic and Not Too Shabby



Not only is West Elm going green with their organic bedding and bath but I must say, they have some pretty simple furniture that is stylish and semi-affordable.

If you're looking for a great bed frame, for example, one that's not cheesy, but modern and simple, West Elm is the place to shop. It's counterpart, Pottery Barn, is a bit over the top. Design within Reach has some nice pieces but way out of my reach when it comes to price.

I recently purchased this $275 wood bed frame and it's perfect for what I wanted it for - a platform bed with no heaadboard or frills: Click Here

It's competition, for example, from Room and Board looks like THISand it's priced at $799.00 for a full.

CB2 has something comparableand it sells for $379.00.

The above image is West Elm's the Elliot Sofa, which sells for $999.00. I love it and think it's perfect because it's comfortable but simple with straight edges and hidden legs.



Everything seems to go on sale eventually at West Elm, so keep your eye out for great deals.

For example, the newest decor item at West Elm that I am waiting to go on sale is the wire-base table lamp (see image right);It's absolutely perfect but I know it will eventually be old news.

No comments: